The following Battalion of The King’s Shropshire Light Infantry spent time in Bedford:
2/4th Battalion October 1914 formed at Shrewsbury as a second line unit. Moved to Cardiff. Moved in July 1915 to the Isle of Man, and in November 1915 moved to Bedford and was attached to the 204th (2nd Cheshire) Brigade of the 68th (Welsh) Division. Was at Lowestoft and Yarmouth in 1916. Moved to Aldeburgh in mid 1917 and was absorbed by other battalions of the 204th Brigade.